|Fiskars 9424 Garden Bucket Caddy Review.
List Price: —-
Amazon Price: $14.53
Fiskars 9424 Garden Bucket Caddy Description:
- Amazon Sales Rank: #79 in Lawn & Patio
- Brand: Fiskars
- Model: 9424
- Number of items: 1
- Dimensions: 2.00 pounds
- Garden bucket caddy featuring unique and clever design
- Fits snugly on 5-gallon bucket
- Sturdy canvas construction with deep pockets for various hand tools
- Includes cell phone, beverage, and seed packet holders
- 8.9-by-10-by-13.4-inches at 2-pounds
An Edge for the Older Gardener
My wife has a green fist! Yes, I know the cliche is: “my wife has a green thumb.” Every living plant, vine, bush or tree she touches in her garden or around the house grows, thrives, and reproduces. Indeed, even slips from someone else’s garden bursts into life when she transplants it.
Our little garden out back is a riot of color and variety and only a year ago it was a dry plot of deep, impenatrable lifeless clay. Today people suck in their breath when they walk out the patio door into her “Eden” (my name for the space).
But my wife is about to turn 70. She is plagued with migraine headaches, vertigos and is having a long convelescence from a fall that broke many things. She is slower, more deliberate in pace. Stooping is a hazard and so is running back and forth for tooks.
But out she goes each day to trim, water, admire and talk to her growing things. She needs an assistant or attendent who makes her chores less painful. The bucket caddy and a little army surplus stool fit the bill.
She sits on the little canvas stool and places the caddy next to her with all her favorite tools, plant foods and mysterious sprays. She waters from that position.
There is less pain in her day, less worry and so the lucious colored and growing things thrive and spread and even march up the outside walls of our house. For 50 years she nourished and nurtured the lives of young children in the class room, now she continues in her garden. People like my wife should have all the convenient and proper tools they need for their work for they are part of ongoing creation which benefits us all.
Her husband? Even a silk plant dies in his office! Thanks for creating a thoughtful helpmate with this product for my wife.
Very Very Handy.
This is a terrific product. I use it mainly for weeding and pruning; keeping my cellphone, a bottle of water, my weeder and pruner in the caddy while throwing the weeds into the center of the bucket for later disposal. I don’t do a lot of gardening, all my plants are planted and set and I spend maybe a couple hours a week doing general maintenance. This is perfect for that. For heavy tools, you’ll want to get a caddy designed for that purpose, such as the Bucket Boss. This Garden Caddy is very very clever and handy, and designed specifically for gardening purposes. I love it.
Some minor, minor concerns:
1. The strap is velcro. The product description mentions a “lock-and-loop fastener” but perhaps that was an earlier version? Unless “lock-and-loop” is code for velcro. This is a concern for me because velcro doesn’t work too well when muddy, or old, and if I have heavy items I’m worried it might not hold. However, I’ve given the caddy a few good tugs and even left it hanging overnight with some very heavy items attached and it seems to hold very well. So until I see otherwise, the velcro is probably fine, especially since I won’t be buckling and unbuckling it often.
2. None of the compartments are elastic. There are enough compartments of different sizes that this isn’t a problem for me, but I would’ve liked to see one or two that stretch so my kneepads aren’t such a tight-fit. Still, it’s not like I actually need an elastic compartment, so maybe I’m being picky.
This only fits a 5-gallon bucket. The bucket is not included. A bucket will cost you $3 – $6 at your local hardware store, though if you have one lying around from a paint job, or even your CostCo laundry detergent, it’ll fit.
Overall, this is an extremely useful tool, perfect for light-gardening. The price is low (on occasion you’ll see it as low as 5 bucks at local stores, but I wouldn’t hassle over the 2.50 here as you’ll want to get this asap, it’s that handy). 5 Stars for a well-thought-out product!
A Convienent Way to Carry your Gardening Tools, etc.
I like Bucket Boss – Fiskars products. This item is well thought out and well made. There are pockets sized for all your hand tools including bulb planter, a convienent “wallet” for seed pockets, a secure cell phone pouch, and even room for a squeeze drink bottle. I would also recommend getting one of Bucket Boss’ Bucket Grip.
Amazon.com Product Description
The Fiskars garden bucket caddy features clever, durable design to make gardening easier. In addition to its deep, large pockets for hand tool and glove storage, the caddy has a space for seed storage to keep seeds dry and protected, as well as a beverage holder and even a cell-phone pocket. The durable cloth caddy fits snugly around a 5-gallon bucket. Tools and bucket are not included.