|Fenix E20 High Performance Adjustable Cree LED Flashlight-Retail $45.00! Sale Only $30.00!
List Price: $45.00
Amazon Price: $30.00
Fenix E20 High Performance Adjustable Cree LED Flashlight Description:
The Fenix E20′s design is focused on accessibility and convenience. It uses two versatile AA batteries and maintains balance between high output and long runtime. It is firm, waterproof, and lightweight. In a word, Fenix’s E20 is an outdoor flashlight with a rare combination of high performance, high quality, and low cost.
- Amazon Sales Rank: #1557 in Sports & Outdoors
- Size: 6 inches length
- Color: Black
- Brand: Fenix Flashlights
- Model: E20
- Dimensions: .30 pounds
- Focus adjustable flashlight for regulation of focus (pinpoint) and flood (widespread) light that throws beam over 100 meters (330 feet)
- 3.3-hour runtime using two 1.5V AA ( Alkaline, Ni-MH) batteries, inexpensive and widely available–NOT INCLUDED
- 3 ounce slip-resistant body design is made of durable aircraft-grade aluminum, Type III hard-anodized anti-abrasive finish
- Waterproof to IPX-8 Standard
- Virtually indestructible, microprocessor-controlled, CREE light emitting diode (LED) has no filament to burn out or break
Super bright with minor caveats.
1) Impressively bright. If your eyes have adjusted to the darkness, this product can momentarily blind you if you shine its light on objects within a foot. If you bring the light close to your lips or cheek and turn it on, you can even feel the heat from the light!
2) Supposed to be waterproof – not planning on testing it
3)Reasonably well made. The quality of construction is not at the level of a coast 1AA flashlight that I own but good enough. The batteries do not rattle. This flashlight cost only a few dollar more than the Coast, but delivers about 10 times more light.
4) The light is very white. No blue/green/yellow tinge here.
5) The light cover is glass – this is great. Does not scratch easily. Plus it has an antireflective coating to enhance light delivery. It sometimes makes you think that the protective glass is missing and you are looking the reflector and LED directly with nothing in between.
6) 2AA battery usage is just great. Easy to use existing rechargeables.
7) Its slim but slightly long profile means its easy to carry and not lose.
8) Anodization seems to be pretty well done (hard anodized).
1) Black color – should be any color (like red, blue, silver) other than black. Black is difficult to spot in a collection of items. I need my flashlight to “pop” out at me.
2) A tad expensive – but then the CREE led’s aren’t cheap either.
3) Defocussing the bead will lose light (in addition to spreading it around). The LED moves below the reflector and not all of the light is captured and delivered when this happens.
4) The on-off switch is at the back and positioned such that the light cannot be placed vertically.
5) The light rolls very easily. All contact surfaces are round.
6) Does not use the latest and higher efficiency CREE led currently available.
7) No evidence of gold plating on +ve contact inside the flashlight. Don’t know how the product will fare in the long run. Expected better quality in this area considering the price paid.
My years old 2AA maglite now looks like something out of the stone age. Their light outputs can’t even compare.
A 4 star product that needs minor design changes to truly make it 5 star.
Bright done Right!!
I received my E20 today with great expectations and was not dissatisfied. The light is very bright with a clean throw of over 300 feet. Spot to flood works nicely without loss of usuable light. The only cons I see with the E20 are these.
1. The batteries have somewhat of a rattle inside the housing. I wasn’t expecting this from Fenix.
2. It takes quite a bit of force to turn the head of the light to go from spot to flood. Operation wasn’t as smooth as I had expected.
Beyond these two noticable problems I love the E20. Think I’ll buy another.
Amazingly bright for a two AA battery flashlight
I own a lot of LED flashlights. The Fenix E20 is one of the best. The Cree LED’s superior quality has a lot to do with it. It runs on two AA batteries, yet it’s amazingly bright.
There is a problem with the streetlights in my apartment complex. Without the streetlights it’s been very dark. The Fenix E20 illuminates the whole street, when I walk to my mailbox at night. The fiercely bright beam actually startled a few people who were on their balcony.
You get a lot for your money with the Fenix E20.